Thursday, April 9, 2009

Matsumura Hokuto - Fresh Junior Profile Translation

Well I picked up the May issue of Wink Up a couple of days ago and was surprised to see Matsumura Hokuto get a full page to himself for his first photo shoot. After last month's Shounen Club episode where he was introduced via the Junior ni Q segment I admit I was waiting to see him begin to appear in magazines. Then came the surprise that not only did he get a full page to himself in Wink Up, but he had been added to the B.I. Shadow Junior group. Honestly I'm happy for him, as I thought he was cute and I love that he's a fellow NEWS fan. Not to mention I already love Nakaken from B.I. Shadow and the other two members are growing on me, so the group is shaping up to be a favorite of mine, behind Kis-My-Ft2 and any group that Nozawa and Sanada are in of course.

I decided to go ahead and try my hand at translating Hokuto's page as there wasn't a lot of text and it wasn't too difficult. Of course I'm still learning the language so I may be off for some of it, but I'm sure I have the gist of it. And since I don't have a scanner at the moment the best I could do was take a picture of the page.


Matsumura Hokuto

I admire NEWS, and wanted to be like NEWS so I applied. My special skill is karate, I have been doing it since my first year in elementary school. In fact I ranked second in the prefecture tournament. Thanks to doing karate, my heart has the courage and absolutely won’t give up and won’t lose to the best of them. Today is my first photograph shoot, I was extremely nervious but it was fun. There are still many things I do not understand, so I want to do my best. Please support me!

Name: Matsumura Hokuto
Nickname: Hokku
Birthdate: 18 June 1995
Age: 13 (2nd year junior high school student)
Bloodtype: B
Born In: Shizuoka Prefecture
Height: 165cm
Weight: 52 kg
Shoe size: 26.5 cm
Strong Point: I’m not shy.
Weak Point: Voice is low.
Hobby: Karate.
Skill: Karate.
Food You Like: Pasta.
Food You Dislike: Cucumber.
Color You Like: White, Black.
Sport You Like: Karate.
Subject You’re Good At: English, Japanese.
Subject You’re Bad At: Math.
Animal You Like: Dog.
Reason for applying: I admire NEWS, and wanted to be like NEWS so I applied.
Admired Senpai: Yamashita Tomohisa
Type of Girl You Like: A person with distinctive eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment