Sunday, April 5, 2009

Johnny's everyday

Well I promised some pictures and an entry talking a bit about the Johnny's related things I've seen in Japan so far so here it is.

First off when people say Johnny's are everywhere in Japan they mean it. The first train I got on to get to Saitama from the Narita airport had an ad hanging from it's ceiling for the KAT-TUN dome concerts. I didn't take a picture of it though as I was so tired from the flight.

The next day I had to head in to my school near Shinjuku and discovered that I will be seeing Sakurai Sho everytime I do as he has a large ad on a building near the boarding platform for some beverage. I haven't had the time to pull out my camera to take a photo of it, but I plan to eventually.


I did go to Shinjuku the following day with a group of fellow exchange students. We stopped by a store that sold bath supplies and while browsing I came across a tiny screen attached to a shelf that was playing the Happy Bath Day NEWS commercial. Being the big NEWS fan I am I bought one of the products from the line, the body gel. I have yet to use it though.


I didn't go far from the station in Shibuya but I just had to go out of the exit to see Johnny's in the area. KAT-TUN had a huge billboard for their concerts and there were three banners hanging from buildings with Sakurai Sho on them. I only took the one photo as it was super crowded.


And yesterday I finally made my way to Harajuku, but not until late. So while I was able to find the Johnny's Shop it was too late to go in and buy anything. But now that I know where it is (I was surprised how close to the station it is, and there's even a map just outside the station that shows you where it is) I should have no trouble finding it another day.

I did check out all the unofficial idol goods stores. I didn't purchase anything though. I just personally prefer to own the official goods. I did find a couple of stores that sold tickets so I know where to go when I'm desperate and have money to spend.

Other than that it's not that hard to find Johnny's somewhere. The local 7-11 has Weider ads on the shelves with the celeberties that promote it so I can see Yamapi everyday if I wanted to. I still need to go to a Lawson's to see if I can't spot NEWS ads in there, they're just farther away than the other convenience stores. TV commercials are easy to catch and I know I've passed by several other ads with Johnny's on them as I walked around Tokyo.

Unfortunately the place I am staying out doesn't get the NHK BS2 channel or BShi so I can't watch Shounen Club. Hopefully though I'll find a way to make it to a taping while I'm here.

And so far that's my Johnny's sightings in Japan. It's kinda hard to believe I haven't been here for even a full week. And I really hope I will get back to Harajuku this week, as classes for me begin in about a week from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment