Friday, May 15, 2009

Non-KAT-TUN post of the day

I'm up now, but I thought I should do a post of non-KAT-TUN related news and such before bombarding everyone with them. Especially if I do cave and see if I can't find a really cheap ticket for tonight's concert, as when I checked for tickets for yesterday's concert there were some for real cheap in the stands area............................ But yes, onto other Johnny's.

Takizawa Hideaki and Nishikido Ryo will co-star in an upcoming summer drama titled, Orthros no Inu. The story is that Tackey's character is a evil-type of person that can heal anything with the touch of his hand, while Ryo's character is a gentle hearted person that can destroy anything with a touch of his hand. The drama will center around the two meeting and the conflict that causes.

Tokyo Graph article. (English)

I kinda hope that for Ryo's next drama he will actually get to star. I mean co-starring is close but I think it's time he is allowed to carry a drama on his own, as he's gotten a lot of praise for his acting recently. But maybe that's what this drama is to decide, whether or not he can pull off being the lead man. If that's so I hope he does.

Also I'm glad to see Tackey returning to dramas, as it's been 4 years since he was in a regular drama. It's a pity it's just him and not Tsubasa as well. Though I do rather hope we're not going to get another Tackey solo single for the theme song for this drama. I want to see Tackey & Tsubasa to return soon.

Also TOKIO finally has new releases on the way, with a slew of re-releases that will all be under the J-Storm label, which they switched to last year. It's 19 re-releases in all and it doesn't look like there's anything being added to the releases, nor are they getting their prices reduced. So I'm not sure what the point of re-releasing these are, other to make sure they have this part of their discography under the J-Storm label. But cdjapan's information is rather lacking for these, so maybe there will be something more that will get mentioned when this re-release gets put up on the official Johnny's sites.



Also in not quite related to KAT-TUN news but still kinda is, from the spread sheet in the back of the Break the Records concert pamphlet there are 173 Juniors (if I counted right) supporting them for the concerts. (Or at least Tokyo Juniors, as I didn't see any of the Kansai Juniors though they'll probably be the ones back dancing for the Osaka shows.) Also of note there, Kis-My-Ft2 and A.B.C.-Z are the only ones with group shots, everyone else has a small solo head shot, though Morimoto Shintarou's block for his photo is twice as big as the rest. FiVe do get to stand out by not having to wear a plain white shirt or be topless as all the other Juniors are. And pretty much all the Juniors that perform on a regular basis on Shounen Club are there, so Mis Snow Man and B.I. Shadow are all there. And just because he is related to Shoon, I was happy to see Yamashita Reon is there too. Because I am that much of a dork. XD


No comments:

Post a Comment