Saturday, May 30, 2009

New J-pop wiki & random Johnny's related discovery

I guess today is my day to have topics that are only somewhat Johnny's related, but they are Johnny's related in the end so I don't feel that I'm being too off topic for this blog.

This time it has come to my attention that there is finally a new Asian music wiki that has been created to fill the role wiki.theppn had before it disappeared a few months ago. I've done a quick browse of Jpop Stop! (name of the new wiki), and it has much of the old information that wiki.theppn had. They have pretty much the same Johnny's pages, some sales data has been lost for some of the releases though, but it's still very nice to have these wiki pages again. I know if I ever have the time I'll probably join the site to add information and I hope others will do the same.

Also I have something to share I discovered while trying to find more information about the Tokyo Globe Theatre. I found this article (in English) and was surprised to learn that Johnny's owns the venue. Though it does explain why quite a few of the plays are all held there. I'm not sure how well known this information is to others, but I thought it was worth sharing. Of course now I'm curious if they own any other buildings.

No comments:

Post a Comment