Sunday, August 23, 2020

NEWS' Canary

It is that time of year for the annual NTV 24 Hour TV fundraiser and this year NEWS' Masuda Takahisa is one of the hosts along with Inohara Yoshihiko (V6), Kitayama Hiromitsu (Kis-My-Ft2), Shigeoka Daiki (Johnny's WEST) and Kishi Yuta (King & Prince). Massu though ended up performing with the rest of his group during the programming event and they gave us a new song.

On the program the trio performed Kanariya (the Japanese word for Canary). The performance is floating around on twitter, which is where I watched it and you can tell it was pretty emotional for the members as they just put everything into the performance. While that did make it sound rough at times it does make me look forward to a more polished version later. Plus I could not help but feel proud of Kato Shigeaki for really being able to showcase his vocal growth over the years. 

I really hope this is a sign that the group is going to be releasing a new single soon and officially kicking off their new era as a 3 member group. I am sure both the group and Johnny's would like to move on, and make sure everyone knows what the group's line-up is.

No comments:

Post a Comment