Saturday, August 29, 2020

Idol Fandoms 2020: Johnny's Juniors

I am still trying to catch up with the Johnny's Juniors in general since coming back as there of course been quite a few changes since I was last following them years ago. Because of this I am just going to go over the groups that have my interest for now, as it will take a while for me to get a better sense of them all.

I have a feeling that HiHi Jets and BiShounen will be the next Kis-My-Ft2-A.B.C-Z/SixTONES-Snow Man. So they will probably have a few more years as Junior groups before they get their chance to debut. And I look forward to it as BiShounen has won me over already with their videos on the Johnny's Junior channel. 

Shounen Ninja interests me as I see it as a group that future star Juniors will rise from. So I am interested in seeing which Juniors from the group start pulling away from the rest popularity-wise.

Naniwa Danshi is one of the groups I am most interested in at the moment. I was already familiar with Nishihata Daigo and Onishi Ryusei from being connected to the previous Kin Kan and Naniwa Ouji Kansai Junior groups as Mukai Koji, Hirano Sho and Nagase Ren were a part of those groups. I liked them then and I am glad they were not forgotten or pushed to the side as the groups were broken up and it is interesting to see how they are developing as idols. I just have to learn about the other five members of the group. Fujiwara Joichiro so far is the one leaving the greatest impression if just realizing how long he has been around as a Kansai Junior.

After seeing the little I have of them I do want to learn more about Ae! group. They look like a fun group, and I always feel good about supporting Kansai Juniors as they do not get the same amount of opportunities as their Tokyo counter parts.

Other than that I just still have a lot of catching up to do with the Juniors as I am not very familiar with the current generation now. So I am sure this list will change once I get to know them all more.

This wraps up Johnny's idols so the next few will be focused on female Japanese idols. 

No comments:

Post a Comment