Sunday, August 23, 2020

Idol Fandoms 2020: Other debuted Johnny's

Figured it would be best to just lump the other Johnny's debuted group all together though there are two main groupings for them for me.

For the groups that I am not interested in following closely it is mostly the older groups/acts. As I have been coming back to following Johnny's in general I have been slowly working on getting at least the albums for these groups. I have most of TOKIO already, but seeing as they are going to move on to just being talents and leaving their music career behind once I have their older albums I will be all caught up with them. Unlike Kinki Kids and V6, who are still actively releasing albums. It will probably take quite some time for me to catch up with collecting all of those albums.

Not too interested in the solo careers of Kimura Takuya and Yamashita Tomohisa, though I do like some of Yamapi's songs so I have picked up a few of his albums.

I do not feel like I need to follow Arashi to keep up to date with them. Between knowing fans and the fact it is so much easier to find information on them in English with their new social media presence I have plenty to keep me in the loop for them. Which is perfect as I am at best a casual fan in the end.

Not sure where I stand with Kanjani8 and KAT-TUN with their current line ups. Though since my favorite Eito member, Yokoyama You, is still with the group my interest in them is greater for that. And I have new respect for  him and Ohkura Tadayoshi with how they are supporting the Kansai Juniors. 

I like A.B.C-Z and Johnny's WEST, but not enough to actively follow them. Of course I have all their albums at least and plan on keeping it that way. 

Then there are the groups that I am on the fence about following more. A part of the issue is just the time I have in general is pretty strained or a couple of these groups I would be following actively. The two groups that I wish I had the time for are Snow Man and King & Prince. I do like Snow Man and want to actively follow them as I have enjoyed everything I see them in and have liked Mukai Koji before he was added to the group. I may just give up and follow them any way but I will have to see. Especially as King & Prince has finally caught my interest after watching their Ride On Time episodes. It is a group I feel I should have liked from the get go as I liked most of the members from their Junior days but since they rose in popularity and debuted when I was not following Johnny's much I just let them slip under the radar. I will be picking up their albums though and look forward to their next release.

And again this is just debuted groups, as there are Junior groups I want to keep an eye on and/or support. But that I shall save for the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment