Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tokio Over 30's World concert goods

Tonight I went to the first show of Tokio's concert tour for 2009, the Over 30's World Tour, at Nippon Budokan. I'm so glad I decided to go as the concert was fun and Tokio is one of those groups that is just a joy to watch live as they are all just having so much fun. As I'm not sure if there's anyone interested in a report of the concert, as the English fandom for Tokio seems quite small, I'll probably only do a highlights concert report tomorrow after getting some sleep.

The tour goods were all rather tempting to get, since they had some interesting items that I wish other groups would consider adding to their goods list. The most popular is probably the stuffed animal of the tour mascot, a bulldog with wings wearing sunglasses. While the mascot doesn't look so great drawn on the goods the toy version of it is rather cute. Unfortunately I didn't have the money to pick one up myself, not with the other items I decided to get.


I like how the uchiwas aren't designed to look like the standard uchiwa, with the photos not just being simple head shots of the guys. And I love that they had clothing patches, there's actually four different ones in the bag even though since it's unopened you can only see the one in the photo. The bag is an eco-bag, and while I like the logo the material is rather thin so I'm afraid about using it to carry anything heavy in it.


And of course since I'm a sucker for photos I had to at least pick up Nagase Tomoya's photo set. Because as much as I like the younger groups he is my Johnny's crush, as not only is he hot but he has a great personality which is a combination hard not to fall for, IMHO.

There were a few Johnny's guests at the concert, but they weren't brought on stage or even individually introduced. I also I couldn't see the screen from where I was so I couldn't see their faces at all. I could see them from a distance from where I was but not close enough to really tell who was there. Except for Akun Igo from Question?, as he tends to stand out quite a bit and is one of the few Johnny's that is actually more easily identifiable when he's wearing a hat. (laugh) Though I think, not 100% certain, that two of the others were Okamoto Keito (had the short spikey hair) and Masuda Takahisa (as during the MC Tokio was talking about the younger groups and brought up Hey! Say! JUMP then added NEWS as well as if they felt they needed to include that group not long before they put the spotlight on where the guests were sitting, though he was also the furthest away from where I was so I don't have much faith in my guess here). I guess I'll have to see about hunting down Japanese blogs to confirm the guests though, as Akun is really the only one I am 100% sure that I recognized.

No comments:

Post a Comment