Monday, September 7, 2009

Preview of official photo scans

I really didn't mean to miss posting yesterday but I went down for a short nap in the afternoon and didn't wake up until this morning. To say the least I still have yet to adjust to the time difference, though I will probably only manage to do so a day or two before I go back to Japan knowing my luck.

But before I go back I should be able to finish scanning my entire Johnny's photo collection. So far I have scanned about 250 photos and I'm estimating that I still have about 400-500 left to go. And even I'm surprised at how massive it is. Especially as I only buy official photos, so none of them are papas.

When I'm done scanning I'll upload zip files of the scans that will be free to download. The usual rules about scans that I have, don't claim as your own mainly, will apply of course. Until then though here are a few previews with comments from me.


One of the best parts about looking at the photos at the unofficial idol stores are finding the really old out of print photos like this one. It was too cute and had my favorite NEWS member and my favorite ex-NEWS member so I just had to get it.


In Ikebukuro there is a store called Mandarake that mainly deals in doujinshi (fan drawn comics) but it has a corner for official idol merchandise. There they have packs of photos that you can buy, though you really can only view the top photo so you don't know what the rest of the photos look like. But as I don't have many Arashi photos I was willing to take the gamble because this photo was the top photo and I loved it so much I felt it would be worth getting the pack even if I didn't like the rest of the photos. I did like some of the others so I do feel I made the right choice, but none of them can match up this photo, IMHO. There's just something about what Sho's wearing, his stance and expression on his face that makes me smile whenever I look at it.


I guess it's another sign that I don't really have 'normal' taste that this is one of my favorite Takaki Yuya photos. It's of course not because it's a good photo of him, but rather because it makes him look demonic to me. I just get the feeling that he is a demon and is ready to eat people's souls, but of course with a cute smile on his face. In fact the more I play with the idea the more I come to think that maybe Takaki is a demon and his airheaded-ness is just a ploy to make people relax their guard around him so it's easier for him to eat their souls. XD


With scanning these photos I've noticed a few things in some of them that I hadn't before. Like in this one I noticed that Yamapi has freckles drawn on his cheeks. I think it's actually rather cute and I just might pick up a couple more Yamapi Koi no ABO photos, as I need to get more Yamapi photos in general. I have so few of him. D=


Most of my favorite photos are the ones like these, where the boys aren't trying to be cool or look good but are just having fun or goofying off. I've discovered that when it comes to KAT-TUN these kinds of photos aren't the easiest to find but the ones out there are usually gems.


I'm really glad I got the Sanada photo set from the last Junior concert as I think he looks great in all his photos. He's one of those Juniors that has really improved over the year. I remember when he was still singing with Hashimoto and Nozawa and they all had an air of awkwardness about them when they had to talk on stage. Nowadays though Sanada seems to just ooze with confidence on stage at all times and is a joy to watch. He also looks like he will be one hell of a heart throb once he starts getting chances to really shine.


I honestly never thought I would ever become a fan of Ueda. He just did not interest at all for the longest time until the past few months when I discovered his smile. Seriously, when he's looking like this I can't help but think he is just the most adorable thing ever and want to smile myself. I guess I just saw his 'serious' face look, which I think makes him look dead in the face most of the time, and missed out on seeing him when he actually showed his expressions, which I think makes him look so much better no matter what the expression is.

And that will be it for previews for now. Hopefully I'll finish scanning in the next few days. It's just so time consuming even though it's not that hard to do. But I hope people enjoy the previews.

No comments:

Post a Comment