Monday, March 9, 2009

PLAYZONE 2009 starring Kis-My-Ft2

Well maybe not all of Kis-My-Ft2 will be starring, as PLAYZONE traditionally only has three leading roles, as Shounentai is a three member group. But they will all be in the 2009 PLAYZONE, and as Shounentai last year retired from PLAYZONE Kitayama, Fujigaya and Tamamori will take up the lead roles. Other Juniors that will have been announced so far that will be joining them are, Uchi, Yara, and from Question?, Ishigaki and Yodogawa. It will run in Tokyo from 11 July to 9 August before changing venues to Osaka from 21 August to 26 August.

I think this is pretty big news as PLAYZONE has run for twenty years and is one of the major productions that Johnny's puts on. Not to mention this will be the first time for the lead roles to change as they were always done by the members Shounentai since the musical began. Also another thing that could come out of this is the usual PLAYZONE album, which would make a lot of Kisumai fans happy I think to finally have a Kisumai related cd to own. I know the idea makes me really happy. And then of course there's the usual DVD release...

And I really want to believe that this is a major sign that Kis-My-Ft2 is being set up for a debut soon. Especially when coupled with the news of Tamamori in Gokusen as that will give him a lot of exposure to people that don't normally follow Juniors, which is probably also why he's getting one of the lead roles for PLAYZONE. I guess it might just depend on sales, but for Johnny's to let Kisumai take over PLAYZONE they must expect good sales to begin with. I just hope I'm right and Kisumai will finally get their debut in the near future.

Sponichi article. (Japanese only)

Tokyo Graph article. (English)

No comments:

Post a Comment