Saturday, February 21, 2009

Koyama and Shige to appear on Kiseki no Kizuna

I know I'm a bit late to report on this, but I really do want to advertise it. But Koyama and Shigeaki will be on the program Kiseki no Kizuna on March 13th. Koyama will be the MC for the program while Shige gets to break into the world of overseas reporting as he talks to Yamaguchi Eriko, a woman in Bangladesh who is working to design bags that the people there can make and sell to bring in income for themselves.

LJ entry on news_jpop
(English)

I'm rather excited about this as I love to see celebrities using their ability to hold people's attention to help give them insights about things they may never think or know about otherwise. Not to mention giving some of their spotlight to the people that are working hard to make a difference in the world I think is rather admirable as well.

I think this is a good match for Shige as he seems like the kind of person that could really appreciate what is trying to be achieved from the kinds of things he writes his essays about. I hope he writes an essay or two at least about this experience as I find them thoughtful and sometimes rather insightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment