Sunday, November 16, 2008

November Shounen Club Flailing

Yes I know I'm rather late with this as it's been a week since the last episode for the month aired but I didn't have the time to upload the videos for this until this weekend. I know it's rather apparent that I'm no longer doing episode rundowns for Shounen Club anymore, pretty much because I lack the time and there are already other blogs that do that and get their entries out much faster than I do. But that isn't to say that I don't have things to say about the episodes as I do watch them as soon as I can.

These November episodes are very much geared for promoting the A.B.C.-Z/Kis-My-Ft2 concerts so not many other Juniors got much of a spotlight compared to other episodes. Especially with all the guests, Tegomass, BOYS and Yabu Kota. Overall I didn't have too much a problem with this as I am a big Kisumai fan and Shoon got some spotlight in a couple of the melodies, not as much as he has in the past few months but it was still more than Sanada and Nozawa who were MIA this episode. I think it shows something for Shoon to still be seen as much as he did for these SC episodes when those two weren't seen at all. Though they seemed to finally be making the lack of screen time this year for Kyomoto by having him sing a duet with Uekusa, finally giving him a good amount of spotlight, which has been something he really hasn't had for most of 2008, even though before the Hey! Say! JUMP debut he was always with the rest of the chibis, like the Morimoto brothers.

But moving on from that to a couple of highlights from each episode. I really loved the Junior League segment from the first episode which was a dance quiz. And it's not because of bias since Shoon was in this one, but purely because of Kawai's impersonations. I mean as much as I loved to see his impersonation of Matsumoto Jun dancing to Wish they rest for this segment were great as well. And it's nice to see he can do more than just Jun. And overall I'm rather impressed on how quickly they all are at being able to guess the dances, but I guess they have to learn them all themselves when they back dance so it's probably their job to know this kind of thing.



Next is the second episode's Kis-My-Ft2 Special Stage performance. The dance with the 'light poles' was great and I love the track suit outfits so much. And Fujigaya seems to like them too, or at least the hood attached to them as he seems to putting it up whenever he can during the performance. Of course I have no problem enjoying Firebeat, it's very much a signature Kis-My-Ft2 song like Kiss My Me Mine. Watching the special stage really makes me wish I could have gone to at least one of their concerts as I'm sure this kind of thing looked way cooler on a concert stage.



This upcoming week has the filming of the December episodes. I really hope Sanada and Nozawa show up to perform something as I don't want them shoved to the back now that they're no longer with Hashimoto.

No comments:

Post a Comment