Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Kohaku teams announced + a Matchy single release

Kohaku (Kohaku Uta Gassen), a popular TV event aired on NHK that happens once a year on New Year's Eve, has announced their line up of artists. The program is a contest between two teams Red, which is comprised of female artists, and White, which has the male artists. Each team gets votes from a panel of judges as well as the audience and from that a winning team is picked each year. The only way to get onto the show is to be invited so it's seen a very big deal to get on the program.

This year is was announced earlier in the month that SMAP's Nakai will be hosting the program with popular actress, Nakama Yukie (probably known best for her role as Yankumi from the Gokusen dramas). Like as in past years SMAP and TOKIO will be the only Johnny's performing on Kohaku.

Being a newer Johnny's fan I know I've missed out on the Daisenpai, like Shounentai, Otokogumi, Hikaru Genji, and Kondo Masahiko. The Juniors cover their songs but I know I really don't know much about them and I kinda feel like I should as they still do have a bit of a presence within Johnny's, though it seems to be much different than the younger acts. And I know for me it's easy to forget that not all of the Johnny's Daisenpai have stopped their careers with the agency.

I mean I can remember that Shounentai is still active with Playzone but it surprises me to see Kondo Masahiko releasing something new, even though he did a collaboration single with Junior group Question? earlier in the year. But on December 23rd he will be releasing a new single.

Banka - Otoko Tachi no Banka - / Masahiko Kondo

No comments:

Post a Comment