Friday, November 14, 2008

Uchi Hiroki Concerts

I honestly can't believe this news as Uchi really hasn't done anything for a while so I had just about given up hope but apparently this is confirmed by the official Johnny's Jr. news letter so it isn't a rumor. Uchi Hiroki, formerly of NEWS and Kanjani8 will be having a solo concert series in December and January. The December concerts will be at Yokohama Arena on the 20th and 21st while the January concerts will be in Osaka Hall on the 4th and both will be on the same day.

I think this is Johnny's way of testing of how popular Uchi still is and deciding his fate from the kind of reception these concerts receive. I hope if anything he gets to return to Kanjani8 at least. Though perhaps I'm a bit mean and irrational for saying this but if Kusano isn't returning to NEWS I don't want Uchi to return to the group either. Of course Johnny's could surprise us all and re-debut him in a new group or something like that to make everyone just go 'bah!?' like they seem to enjoy doing.

I think another thing to note are the Juniors that have been selected to participate in the concerts. While most of the Juniors listed to be in the full tour are Kansai Juniors, Kiriyama Akito, for Yokohama Kis-My-Ft2 will be participating. Kisumai seems like they will be over worked in January as they also have the daily shows for Tackey's butai to be in as well, but I guess that's why they will only be doing the Yokohama concerts. And I'm not surprised that Nakayama Yuma gets listed on his own for the Osaka concerts with Nakama Junta (I'm kinda surprised that he won't be with Akito for the whole concert though as they are a duo). But yea, if Nakayama does not eventually debut I will be shocked as he seems to the Golden Osaka Boy for Johnny's.

I think now the news is really being to settle in my mind and I'm feeling excited. I really do wish Uchi well and hope these concerts are a success for him and his fans.

Nikkan Sports article. (Japanese Only)
Yomiuri article. (Japanese Only)

EDIT:

Johnny's net has updated with the concert information and it looks like it may not be full solo concerts for Uchi. On the page with the list of concerts it's listed as Uchi Hiroki/Kis-My-Ft2/Kansai Jrs concert, and the title translates to Uchi Hiroki's New Year Rock Huge Friends Gathering, which implies that it will be him and others. So from that I guess the Yokohama concerts will be more Uchi and Kis-My-Ft2, while the Osaka would be Uchi and Kansai Jrs. And there is a minor change from the information that came out before is that the Osaka concerts will be over two days, the 3rd and the 4th, not both on the 4th.

No comments:

Post a Comment