Monday, August 1, 2016

Uta no Prince-sama - Maji Love 2000% - Idol Song Tokiya Ichinose CD review

Title: Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love 2000% Idol Song Ichinose Tokiya
Artists: Ichinose Tokiya (Miyano Mamoru)
Release date: 12 June 2013
Version: n/a

Packaging: Like the rest of the series the packaging is pretty basic. The artwork matches the rest though of course Tokiya is the focus of it. This still remains my favorite cover set out of the three released so far by a lot. I really hope they come up with an interesting idea like this for a future series of CD single releases.

Track listing:

1. CRYSTAL TIME
I am such a sucker for songs that start off softly to then launch into a more uptempo beat like this one. It has a great build up and lets Miyano's voice shine, which fits well with the character of Tokiya as unlike the rest of the cast his instrument is just his voice. This is a really solid pop song with some nice instrumental flourishes mixed in that add to the driving beat the song picks up when it picks up speed.

2. Independence
As much as I like the first track it is not my favorite on this single, in fact Independence is one of my favorite songs from the franchise. It is more of a dance flavored pop song with a sexy vibe to it that Miyano's voice matches so well. The chorus has a catchiness to it that helps make it memorable have it stand out and the little bits of autotune it has in it is used in just the right amount and the right ways to be a welcome added element and not a distraction.

3. CRYSTAL TIME (instrumental)
4. Independence (instrumental)


Overall: I love this single. It is one of my favorites from the franchise because the songs just come off as being in the top tier of Uta no Prince-sama. While Tokiya is not my favorite character of the series, though he ranks up near the top, I always look forward to his solo songs the most as they rarely disappoint. And this single definitely has a couple of his best songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment