Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Photokatsu - A picture worth a thousand words of cute

As I mentioned in an earlier post I have picked up playing Photo Katsu, the mobile game for the Ai Katsu series. I honestly have seen nothing of the anime series for this franchise and decided to give the game a try because it was cute and another idol rhythm game.


This is actually my second try at the game. The first time I just could not get into it, but I am glad I gave it another shot. It felt easier to get into this time around and I got to make it to my first 10+1 scout that gave me what looks to be a lucky draw as I managed to get a PR (Premium Rare), which is the highest card level in the game.


Since then I managed to do another scout and got luckier still with getting two PRs. That said my poor Cute team is languishing behind the other attribute teams as while I only have PRs for Pop and Cool my Sexy team at least has a couple of SRs.


Having the game play be rather different than the other rhythm games I play is something I actually enjoy. Figuring out the system and what all I can do helps keep me engaged and I feel so happy when I figure something out or discover something new.


The art style is on the simple side but thanks to that the quality of the cards is steady so it is hard to come across a card that is aesthetically unpleasant. In fact the PRs tend to be on the beautiful side of things and already I am in love with some of the few I have seen.


Overall this game is just cute which of course is one of my major weaknesses. And it is a game that I do not feel pressured into playing constantly. Sure doing well in the events would be nice but I do not feel too heartbroken if I miss out on some of the higher prizes. And since I am still figuring things out staying on the easier levels is a comfort.

So this game is staying around on my phone this time. It is a good source of cute and is a game I can let myself relax with.

No comments:

Post a Comment