Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Uta no Prince-sama - Maji Love 1000% - Idol Song Ichinose Tokiya CD review

Title: Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love 1000% Idol Song Ichinose Tokiya
Artists: Ichinose Tokiya (Miyano Mamoru)
Release date: 31 August, 2011
Version: n/a

Packaging: The cover image covers the moodiness of Tokiya that is his main character trait for most of the first season of the anime series. Of course like the rest of the single in this series everything is done in his character color, purple. Outside of that it sticks to the usual packaging elements all the singles have had in this series.

Tracks:

1. 七色のコンパス (Nanairo no Compass)
I love that this song starts off a cappella, as it not only helps it stand out among all the other songs in this series but for Tokiya his character instrument is listed as his vocals so it is a nice way to give that a nod. It is a nice slow pop tune that from the start slowly builds up to the chorus but even then remains light with the instruments to keep the vocals front and center. And I do love that it finished off with just the piano as it gives it a nice quiet end to match the quiet of the start of the song.

2. My Little Little Girl
Well Tokiya wins the "most awkwardly titled song" for this series of Utapri singles. Because I feel certain he is not singing about really young girls in this song like the title would suggest to a native English speaker. That all aside it is another enjoyable slow pop song that is very much in the same vein as the first track. There is enough difference between the two tracks with how they progress, some of the instruments and this track having a bit more energy to it once it gets going. And while I do enjoy the song it does not stand out too much to me, especially when paired up with Nanairo no Campass.

3. 七色のコンパス (Nanairo no Compass) (off vocal)
4. My Little Little Girl (off vocal)

Overall: I have come to expect any Tokiya solo song to be a song that I will like. The real distinction for me is if I will love it or not. Nanairo no Campass was an easy one to love while My Little Little Girl stays with just being liked. Both are solid slower pop songs but I do feel the former just stands out more than the latter.

That said it does do a good job in giving someone a good idea of what to expect for Tokiya when it comes to his solo songs. And I do like that both do well to let the vocals shine as like I mentioned that is what the character is meant to be his instrument so it only makes sense to show it off with that in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment