Sunday, October 5, 2014

Let's Speculate! Upcoming 2014 CD releases

I do feel bad for neglecting this blog for so long. I am starting to get my schedule figured out so hopefully I will be posting just a bit more here. That said I love speculating from time to time and recently my mind has been on what CD releases to expect to come out before the year ends from the groups I follow.

First up is a bit of a cheat as it has already been announced that Nakayama Yuma will have his debut album coming out in the near future. But the date has yet to be announced so I can guess about that. Personally I am betting on a December release date or possibly late November at earliest. But it is attached to a fan event scheduled for sometime in 2015, which I am assuming is going to be early 2015 so a late 2014 album release date would be needed to give fans time to apply for it. Also this would give Johnny's an easy excuse to get him on all the end of the year music programs they can.

Either way I will be looking forward to the album as while High Five did not impress me too much I still loved Missing Piece and Get Up! If the album is more like those two singles than I am bound to love it as well.

Kis-My-Ft2 since their debut has had a single released near the end of the year, usually in November outside of their debut year when it was in December. I am therefore expecting one last single from them this year. In fact it would be more shocking for them not to release another single in most likely November but they could pull another December date if they need to. None of the members have a drama that they are starring in for this season that I can recall, so no drama theme for them. The tie-ins for their winter singles tend to be light anyway so no big change there. But this would put them on schedule for having their albums get summer releases, as they usually only have three singles before an album and they already have Another Future to count towards their next album so if they have their usual winter and spring singles than an album in summer would work. Which is what I am assuming management is going for as I do not see why else they released a single collection album this year otherwise.

And honestly I ended up loving Another Future so I am also really looking forward to another release from the group.

With Johnny's WEST releasing a new single this month I doubt we will get another CD release from them this year. But that would be fine as they already have two singles and an album to show for their debut year. Also the two singles they have both have drama theme song tie-ins, so I think that will be the telling sign from the group on whether or not they are going to release a new single. Though hopefully as they get better established they can get other tie-ins so they can get a more consistent release pattern down.

I refuse to guess when either NEWS or TOKIO will release a new CD. These two groups seem to have a very my pace attitude when it comes to new releases. Also TOKIO just released a best of album for their 20th anniversary and are in the middle of a tour. I guess they could release a new single before the end of the year, but I have the feeling they may just wait until 2015 instead.

And that covers all the Johnny's that I am actively following. Well outside the Juniors but I do not think we are going to get a Junior release any time in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment