Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Idol Fandoms 2020: NiziU

I have to confess I completely forgot to put this group on my previous post about J-pop idols I follow. And to make up for the oversight they are getting their own post. Because yes, I do consider NiziU to be a J-pop group as so far everything points to Japan being their original market they will be debuting in.

It was on a whim that I started to watch the Nizi Project on youtube as I tend to like JYP groups and I thought the idea of a J-pop group being created with a Korean idol company (in conjunction with Sony Music Japan) was interesting. The girls won me over as I watched the project and I definitely want to support them. Especially as I really enjoy the pre-debut songs they have released. 

I am also very interested in how their debut single will do, as the pre-release single seems to be forever in the top 10 on Japan's iTunes charts. Plus the fact they have performed on music programs in Japan not only can be a good sign that they have interest behind them but also helps promote them to those not familiar with them before. November still seems so long away so I hope it will be an early November release if plans do not change.

No comments:

Post a Comment