Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Uta no Prince-sama - Maji Love 2000% - Idol Song Ren Jinguji CD review

Title: Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love 2000% Idol Song Ren Jinguji
Artists: Jinguji Ren (Suwabe Junichi)
Release date: 22 May 2013
Version: n/a

Packaging: It is the basic packaging that all the releases in this series of singles has. The image of Ren on the cover though does a great job of fitting the theme as well as capturing the personality of the character. I definitely missed though that the picture he is holding has the crown, as well as him wearing an ascot instead of the tie he actually is wearing. Now that I have noticed that element in the covers it is definitely a favorite checking those little differences out.

Track listing:

1. オレンジラプソディ (Orange Rhapsody)
I am a sucker for songs that start of a capella so there was a point in this song's favor right off the bat. The rest of the song is a fun jazzy pop song that I love. It is one of my favorite songs for Ren and it works in his character instrument, the saxophone, quite well. Suwabe sounds great in this song and it is a track I have no issue listening on repeat.

2. FREEDOM
I'm amazed at how well the saxophone solo in this song works considering this is a dance-pop tune. In fact most of the song sounds like an dance song then there is a surprise saxophone solo that just really works in giving the song that extra something to stand out. It is a strong song overall with a nice driving beat that moves it along.

3. オレンジラプソディ (Orange Rhapsody) (instrumental)
4. FREEDOM (instrumental)


Overall: A strong character single for Ren and one of my favorites for this series of singles for the anime. It really feels like Ren got some of the better songs from this single series and I like this one better than his single from the last single series.

There is really nothing that I dislike or even feel all that indifferent about for this single and I would recommend it as one of the singles to use to help showcase the music of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment