Saturday, January 3, 2009

Ryusei no Kizuna mid-season impressions

Meant to write this up yesterday but just didn't get around to it. I finished watching the fifth episode of Ryusei no Kizuna and since the drama is ten episodes long it is time to do my mid-season impression of it.

While I wasn't too enthralled with the first episode it did get better after that, so much so I'm completely hooked right now. The characters are a joy to watch and the plot is interesting. Unlike other dramas I've watched I really can't guess how this will end, other than there will be some kind of happy ending, though it could as well be a bittersweet one and still work with the feel of the series.

I feel like I'm stuck wanting to just gush about this series but not wanting to as I don't want to spoil anything for anyone. So I'll try my best.

Even though there is tension with the whole, trying to figure out who murdered the parents, mystery, the humor seems to balance things out so it doesn't get to heavy. I'm also loving how nothing seems to get completely forgotten with events from earlier episodes having impact or at least a presence in later episodes.


And the main cast, Ninomiya, Ryo and Erika are all great, IMHO. I love how they play off each other and I find myself not caring at all that they don't really look like siblings, though Erika's character actually has an excuse for that, because I really don't want to see anyone in those roles.


When I first read the plot of the drama I was a bit worried about the romance part, but in the end I couldn't help but love that plot element. Mostly because I like both the characters quite a bit and think they would actually be good together. So I'm really hoping they get a happy ending.


So even though I wasn't overly impressed with the first episode the episodes past that really pulled me in to the drama and I'm so glad I stuck with it. The only down side is that the hard subs (which I tend to wait for as I fail at using soft subs) releases are on the slow side so it's a bit painful to wait for the next release. So I would recommend waiting a bit longer for it all to be finished before you begin to watch it so you're not stuck with cliffhanger ending after cliffhanger ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment