Saturday, June 14, 2008

Sharing is caring, but only so much.

I really don't have anything set up for a post today. I feel bad about it but it's a nice day today and I want to enjoy this sunshine as long as it lasts. So I decided that this post will be a short one to explain what media I plan on eventually sharing.

I am all for supporting the artists by buying their releases. So I will not share any cd or dvd rips. Those are easy enough to find at other places, though I really encourage you to buy the product afterwards if you do download.

What I will share are performances, audio rips and video clips, off of programs as those can only be viewed/heard on Japanese television, something that the rest of the world don't really have access to. It will never be the entire program but will have complete performances to view as I will put them up on a video streaming site. The rips will be mp3s and available for downloading as they can never match cd quality sound, especially with all the screaming fans in the background.

I may share some scans or pictures though. I won't share magazine scans much as there are other people that do a better job than I can that do that regularly already. Plus you should also see about buying the original magazines yourself as they can be found at import bookstores. I may share a scan here and there if I pick up a magazine that I haven't seen shared yet. I can't promise great quality as my scanner is old but I won't bother to watermark the images so they are free to be made into graphics.

Everything I share is free for whoever wants to grab it. I do appreciate credit but do not demand it. Comments are nice to receive to if you take something. Also please make sure you support your favorite Johnny's artists and buy their cds, DVDs, magazines and other assorted merchandise and watch out for pirated goods.

No comments:

Post a Comment