Wednesday, June 11, 2008

News - SUMMER TIME review



I will admit I don't do reviews well. I'm the kinda person that knows when I like something and finds it hard to explain just why. But I'll try my best though I don't think I'll do more than say 'this sounds good to me' or 'this makes me smile and feel happy when I listen to it' and other vague comments like that. XD;

My first review will be News' 05MAY2008 release, SUMMER TIME. First off I'll talk about the covers. They're probably a couple of the worst covers News has had, though in all honestly almost all the JE cds released around the same time had pretty lackluster covers. These just seem rather lazy and look it.

For the music itself, I can hardly say this is one of their better singles. But after the strong release that was weeeek it's probably hard to follow such a strong and likable song. But the title track SUMMER TIME does pull off the feeling of summer. There are songs that I listen to that just have that kind of 'ah, now this is summer' kind of feeling for me and SUMMER TIME is on that list.

The shared B-side track for both the Regular and Limited Editions is EASY COME, EASY GO. It's definitely easy to listen to, but is also on the forgettable side. If I choose to listen to this song it will be to relax as it seems to come off to me as calming.

Baby! Be My Baby! is the Regular Edition exclusive track. I like it and find it catchier than EASY COME, EASY GO. It's got a driving beat that gives it a summer-ish sound to it. It's fun to listen to though I know I tend to over look it for catchier songs instead.

Liar is the special B-side for the Limited Edition of the single. It's my favorite song of the B-sides, probably because it has a rock-ish sound to it. Of course the rock-ish sound makes it seem like it would fit a group like KAT-TUN better, but I still enjoy it being a News song. If anything it helps them have a bit more variety to their song library.

No comments:

Post a Comment