Monday, March 23, 2015

Catching up with MM '15

After taking a bit of a break from blogging I am ready to catch up with things. And for Morning Musume '15 there are a couple of things that I wanted to go over.

First off is that with the Spring concert tour we finally have the official member colors of the 12th generation girls. Nonaka Miki is purple, Makino Maria is light pink, Haga Akane is light orange and Ogata Haruna is sea blue. So the group is a nice spectrum of color, though Sato Masaki's color seems rather close to Haruna's but that has been a color that has been all over the place with what it looks like for different outfits from what I have seen. 

I rather hope this year is audition free, I think the fact none have been announced yet is a good indicator it will be, as they are running out of distinctive colors. And I am certain nobody wants the return of brownchocolate. That and I rather like the size of the group now and want to see them work to really place their mark with the group as we start this new era.

Then the covers for their upcoming single Seishun Kozou ga Naiteiru/Yuugure wa Ameagari/Ima Koko Kara have come out.

I can understand what they were probably trying to go for concept wise for the limited A but they really needed more room on the cover to actually pull it off. Even by having a slip cover to give them a little more room would a leave some of the awkwardness of this cover, as it is it is just too crowded. So crowded Riho almost looks like she does not have legs here. I guess at least the tried something different.

This limited B cover first and foremost makes me think 'Spring'. Which I can only assume they are going for with the cherry blossoms around the corners. But I think it does well to make you think of something new and fresh, which can sum up MM'15 well considering the ages of the girls and that this is a new era without any direct links to anything past the 9th generation when it comes to members.

Hello!Project really likes this kind of cover, don't they? I can understand why as the different sizes of the pictures does stop it from looking monotonous and it makes fitting the larger groups all on the cover a bit easier. I may not be tired of it yet but it they do not change things up for a single or two I probably will be soon. But with its color scheme the limited C does stand out from the rest.

And the limited editions continue to be rather boring as re reach limited D. Sure this is different than the rest but the rows of smiling head shots do not feel all that inspiring. It feels like they just wanted to make sure they used a different template than the rest and this was leftover. 

I rather like the regular edition A and I am so glad that is the version of the single I am getting. I pre-ordered it with some Johnny's releases coming out around the same time and figured that since I liked the Seishun outfits best then this was the version to get as the song looked to be the lead A-side and thus would be featured on the type A versions. But I love how the girls belong have a sense of action going on that makes them seem dynamic and the 12th gen all look great on the top half.

The regular edition B is nice enough. Kinda boring as it is just the girls sitting/standing together. Somehow the large '15 does make it a little interesting. Perhaps because it breaks the photo up a bit so it forces you to look at it in a different way than you usually would.

Over all the covers are nice. Nothing great but nothing terrible though the limited A is very close to that. Really looking forward to getting this single and I am just so happy we finally have a MM '15 release.

No comments:

Post a Comment